So you shave your head or are interested in trying it out?
Head Shaving Benefits
- Dry your head easily.
- Can be cooler in hot weather.
- You can save money and cut your hair as often as you want.
- Flexibility of cutting your own hair where you want.
- You can avoid looking for or booking hair cuts.
- You can still get dandruff, but it is less likely.
Head Shaving Negatives
- Chilly in the cold without headgear.
- Can be messy and require cleanup.
- Less styling options? ;)
We Can Make It
If you are going on a short trip, you might like to get your head shaved before you leave. Depending on how often you shave, this might mean you do not need to concern yourself with shaving on your trip.
You might decide to grow your hair out while you are on holiday... but you probably did not come here for that, so...
Shaving While Away
If you do need to shave while you are away you can decide between:
Getting your head shaved by someone
- No need to take any shaving gear, saving weight and space.
- Get someone else to do it and clean up the mess.
- The shave should be pretty quick.
- You might have to spend some time looking for a place to get shaved.
- It might be expensive.
- Some people like the social aspect of having a chat.
- Professional facilities and equipment.
Taking your own shaving gear
Once you decide to take your own gear, you need to decide what is the best shaving option for you and whether you shave your head smooth and bald, or clip to your desired length.
- Hair length: short or smooth (bald)?
Cheap or expensive:
- Do you want a quality option that will hopefully last you a long time with a good warranty, or something cheaper that may not be a concern if it is lost or broken.
- Cheaper options might take longer to do your hair.
- Expensive options might have more features, or a premium look and feel.
- Be aware of what voltages your shaver electric shaver supports if going somewhere with different voltages. Some shavers support a range of voltages, which is great for travel.
- Manual methods do not have to worry about different electricity and voltages you may find around the world.
- You might find others are not very appreciative of you shaving your head in public areas like hostel bathrooms.
Check the instructions:
- How to clean and how often. Often a brush is included with a shaver and some can be run under water, but please check to make sure so you do not ruin your shaver.
- Do you need to oil the blades or internals and how often. Some clipper oil can save your blades, save you money and save you time with sharper blades for longer.
- Some people also sharpen their clipper blades.
Getting Ready For a Trip
- Take spare blades or replace them before a trip if you think they will not last.